A few days ago, school started back here and Kynlee had her first day of Kindergarten. First, I cannot believe how fast this summer flew by! And second, how do I have a kindergartner already?! She has had a blast this week and I pray she has a successful year with lots of learning and growth! To help kick off a new year, here’s a fun and easy recipe for some Back to School Brownies!
-Little Debbie Brownies (I bought the walnut ones and removed the walnuts)
-Werther’s caramel candy rolls (or could use tootsie rolls)
-Wilton white icing gel tube
-Ready to spread frosting – any color
-Wilton edible sugar apple decoration
-1/4 cup Wilton yellow chocolate melts
-Wilton black icing gel tube
DIRECTIONS FOR CHALKBOARD BROWNIES
1. Microwave a caramel roll candy piece for 8 seconds and roll out thinner to stretch the lengths of the brownie. You will need 3 caramel candy pieces for each brownie. Once the caramel is stretched (and before it cools), lay on top of the brownie. Once it hardens, it will stick to the brownie. Let each brownie set for a few minutes.
2. With Wilton icing gel, write fun back to school phrases like ABC, 123, etc. in each brownie.
3. Add a small amount of ready to spread frosting on the back of the Wilton apple decoration and attach to the caramel part of the smores chalkboard. ENJOY!
DIRECTIONS FOR RULER BROWNIES
1. Microwave 1/4 cup Wilton yellow chocolate melts for 35 seconds. Stir until melted.
2. Ice the brownies with the yellow icing and let set for 20 minutes.
3. With a black icing gel, add the lines and numbers of a ruler.